Although monetary contributions are always welcome, becoming a volunteer is a more personal, hands-on approach to helping others. At the House, valuable volunteers perform a variety of different activities. We love to be adopted by churches, Sunday school classes, Scout troops, civic groups, and such.
To arrange a tour or to receive further information, please call us at (865) 637-7475 or complete our Volunteer Application. Call our Volunteer Coordinator or check out our volunteer opportunities below to find out about how flexible our volunteer programs can be — from teens to adults — we’re a great place to complete service hours for school. Some of the duties that are preformed by volunteers are:
Interacting with our families
- Preparing food at the house, possibly enlisting the aid of a family member.
- Help answer phones.
- Help with mail outs, contribution letters, and newsletters
- Make copies.
- Make certain that each room is ready for the next family.
- Make certain that there is enough sheets, towels, pillows etc.
- Light cleaning (no toilets, honest), vacuuming, dusting, mopping etc.
- Striating the kitchen, organizing shelves, etc.
- Organize and sterilize the playroom.
- Always need weeds pulled, ivy trimmed.
- Seasonally planting flowers.
- Raking the leaves in the fall.